On October 20, 1780 the army of British Colonel Sir John Johnson left the ruins of Stone Arabia behind returning to the Mohawk River moving westerly towards Canada and home. General Robert Van Rensselaer of the Tryon County Brigade arrived from Schenectady with approximately 500 men and engaged the British at Klock’s Field nearly a mile west of the Fort Klock Historic Site. Van Rensselaer forced the enemy to retreat but failed to press his advantage on account of darkness. The following day Colonel Harper’s Rangers pursued the enemy but were ordered to return soon after without success. The Battlefield is marked with a NYS historical marker sign. Further interpretation of the Battle of Klock’s Field’s can be seen at the Fort Klock Historic Restoration and the Fort Plain Museum.