Originally known as Tryon County Courthouse, the Fulton County Courthouse is a historic building located in Johnstown. It was built in 1772–1773 and is a Late Georgian style public building. Sir William Johnson contributed £500 towards its construction. It is the oldest existing Courthouse in the State of New York and one of the oldest in the Nation still being used as a Courthouse today. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.